Monday, January 22, 2018

London, Weds Jan 17

Bill woke up early and went down for brekkies, I opted to sleep a bit longer.  After washing up and getting dressed, we went for a stroll along the streets of Bloomsbury neighborhood, where our hotel is located.  We are quite literally, 1 block from the British Museum.  We headed passed the museum and into a courtyard bookshop.  Within the shop was a coffee house, so we stopped for a cup of joe and a croissant.  While we sat there, Bill said he was suddenly overwhelmed with fatigue.  We decided to head back to the hotel and Bill would nap and I would explore Covent Gardens.

There was a string quartet playing on the lower shop level.  An energetic group playing an eclectic mix of standards and jazzy renditions of the American Songbook.

I wandered around a bit more, finding a cheese shop and trying about 4 different cheese, 2 cows milk, and 2 goats milk.  I settled on 1/2 of an Innes Brick, which was one of the goat milk choices.  I wandered back to the hotel and woke up Bill and decided on snoozing as well.   We both slept until about 5 pm.

We had dinner at Malabar Junction, an Indian restaurant just down the block from the hotel.  It was quite early, about 6, and the place was empty.  By 7 or 7:30 it was hopping!  I ordered the Rogan Josh  and Bill had the Masala fish curry.  The lamb dish was good, the lamb was tender, but I do like my own version better.  Bill’s curry was tasty, but for me, the mixture of coconut milk and fish was a no go!

What do you think happened next?  We went back to the hotel and slept

Sounds like a real vacay, don’t you think.  How is it possible that 2 retired people need this much sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment