Saturday, November 11, 2017

Jerusalem, Sunday, Oct 29

After visiting the Old City on our own, we decided to take a walking tour with Sandeman’s.  They offered a free two hour tour of the Old City.  We met outside the Jaffa Gate and met our tour guide, Yoni. He was fabulous, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, making the city come alive.  We saw things we would never have been able to find on our own, such as vista points overlooking the Western Wall and the Golden Dome.  We wandered in and out of all four quarters of the Old City.  Definitely a must do for any visitor to Jerusalem.

At the end of the tour, we ate at Tala’s Hummus and Falafel.  It was excellent.  Crunchy falafel and creamy hummus with excellent Israeli salads on the side.  I must say that the pita bread in Israel is nothing like what is called pita here.  It is moist and fluffy and it doesn’t matter if it is opened up and filled or not, it is great all by itself!

Having a deep pita jones right now!
A view of a deserted alley in Jerusalem’s Old City
Our hidden vista point looking down on the Western Wall and the crowds!
A courtyard in the Old City
The path from the south side of the Old City walls leading to an Orthodox Church.

After lunch, my back was aching, so I went back to the apt to do laundry and Bill went on another tour to The City of David.  His guide this time was Gary.  He really liked the tour.  

We had a slight case of crossed wires.  Bill got home from his tour later than expected.  My back and hips were so out of sorts, I resorted to a handful of Ibuprofen and lying down.  I could hardly get out of bed without pain.  There was no need for Bill to stay with me, so he went out for a beer and would contact me later on about joining him.  At least that was my recollection of the discussion.  His was that it was definite that we would meet and he was so anxious that I didn't show up.  The wifi at the bar was not working and he felt he couldn't leave in case I showed up.  In my mind, it was that I was going to decide if I wanted to meet up with him based on him making contact with me.  I fell asleep and was unable to contact him because of the bad wifi at the bar.  When he came back to the apt, he was so concerned that we hadn't connect.  I felt so bad for him.  I wasn't the least bit bothered by the mishap.  He was worried that I would be very angry.  It all worked out in the end.  I ate some yogurt earlier in the evening and called it a night!

I fell asleep in my clothes only to awaken at 3 am, take a shower and hit the bed again.  At some point, my hips popped back into alignment and everything was right with the world again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment